COWSHED

Monday 6 December 2010

December

Frosty Morning


December 
Frosty mornings with amber sunlight silhouetting sheep and trees against frosty fields, sparkling in the morning light. Cosy evenings snugged up by the wood fire, new blanket over knees.
Slow cooked lamp. Steak. Shepherd's Pie.
TV watching in bed. 
Dunster by Candlelight
Mulled wine, hog roast, lemon and sugar pancake eaten out of a paper bag held in mitten hands.
Owls. 
The sparkliest stars I have ever seen.


(Photo credit)

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Beautiful. Both the photo and the words. xoxo

elle said...

I love this photo. There were so many days that week when I just really wished I had a means of capturing the views I was seeing all around me as I drove. Stunning.

Rachel said...

I am ashamed that I have mislead you both so. The photo is not mine and I missed off the credit. I have rectified this now.

I too wish I had means of capturing the view as I drive around. Many times I have almost pulled over, then realised the view was better from the bit without a layby and an iphone is not going to capture a good shot. And I will be late.

So I borrowed one. If you click on it, you will go to the flickr page from whence I borrowed...