Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Pea and Mint Soup


R [by text] "Your soup was way better than mine"
M [telephoning, laughing] "what did you put in it?"
R [sadly] "peas and mint. chicken stock."
M "where did you get it?"
R "Tesco"
M [smiling] "should have gone to Waitrose"

M made fabulous pea and mint soup at the weekend. I thought it was the answer to all my evening meal dilemmas. I bought the ingredients and set to work. My kitchen is covered in green puree from the blender where I tried to pour it into bowls. And it tasted *nothing* like the soup M made. I blame Tesco. Come on Waitrose, open a supermarket down in Somerset. Or at the very least, offer home delivery.

I had thought about serving this at my sister's hen party this weekend. On the basis of my efforts this evening, no bloody way.

[image from Tesco. Of course]

EDIT. Turns out once it was chilled and seasoned, it tasted great. Who knew.

3 comments:

Helen said...

Ooh, I saw a poster in Bristol the other day saying Ocado was now offering North Somerset delivery... might be worth seeing if they stretch to further in the county?

Cate Subrosa said...

Nothing? No M&S?

Boo.

Purple Shoes said...

There is a Waitrose in Wellington and Crewkerne. The Wellington on is making deliveries now! Hope that helps :)