COWSHED

Tuesday 22 December 2009

Christmas is coming

Snow in Islington

"Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat..."
Apparently. Here in London we have rather less geese but, surprisingly, rather more snow. Thankfully I have been at home this week getting on with exciting tasks such as de-cluttering and listing things on freecycle but I hope to turn my hand to more Christmas like projects tomorrow and Thursday.

Last night Husband & I made our annual edible presents: this year we made apricot and cranberry chutney. Last year it was chilli jam. We braved the snowy conditions and drove to our nearest Waitrose. Which should have taken about 5-10 minutes but ended up taking about 3 times as long. Still, we got our ingredients and then by 11pm we had 15 jars of beautiful pinky-orange chutney ready for tags and handing out.

Tomorrow my friend Liz is taking me to the ballet to see the Nutcracker at the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden. I am beyond excited, I love the ballet and what could be more festive than the Nutcracker. It also has had excellent reviews. And then home afterwards to wrap presents, make mince pies and gingerbread biscuits and drink port.

---
The wedding post is coming, promise, it is almost finished...

{Image by me, of my view from the kitchen window yesterday afternoon}

6 comments:

Marie-Ève said...

Oh, I love that picture... Can I have some of that chutney please? :-)

Have fun at the ballet, good luck with everything else, and a very merry Christmas to you and M dear...

Marie said...

Have fun at the Ballet. Hope the decluttering is going well and that the chutney is well received, sure it will be :)

Stacy Marie said...

I love the Nutcracker ballet! The Moscow ballet comes to my hometown every winter and uses area kids for the little parts.

anna and the ring said...

So jealous about the Nutcraker. Have a wonderful Christmas.

pierre l said...

Have a great Christmas from me as well.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.