COWSHED

Tuesday 29 June 2010

Summer weekend in Shropshire



One day, I might actually have enough time to write a proper post. We got back from Shropshire at 12.30am on Monday morning and I am still playing catch up at work from our holiday. We spent the weekend at M's parents' golf course helping out with M's father's captains weekend. There was a black tie dinner dance on the Saturday evening and then on Sunday M's parents were hosting a marquee on the 11th green, serving refreshments including a barbeque to all the players as they came round. All 200 of them. Here I am helping out.

I also wanted to share this little insight on twitter. I am not sure about it being grand enough to be Jane Austen but it certainly felt a little like Miss Joan Hunter Dunn. But I love how English the weekend must have sounded. And it was. Tea, sandwiches, burgers in rolls, sunshine, golf and vintage dresses.

AmidPrivilege RT @peacockfeather: On our way to shropshire for M's dad's captains weekend. Black tie dinner dance tonight. [sounds like jane austen:)]

 {photo by M of me in a 1950s vintage American sundress and panama hat. Despite the occasion being so English I wanted to channel a Madmen-esque look of being decoratively supportive}

6 comments:

Spare Thoughts said...

Oh how decadent. I hope there was plenty of Pimms. You look fabulous in your summer dress and your straw hat.

Rachel said...

There certainly was plenty of Pimms.

CameronPoe2409 said...

You definitely enjoyed a typically English summer weekend! I love the vintage dress and trilby hat combo.

http://ihavetoomanyshoes.blogspot.com/

Marie said...

Sounds just lovely. I adore proper English summer weekends, they're glorious. Hope all's well and you catch up with work soon.

Kristy said...

That really does sound very English. And like it was a fun time. (Sorry about the match, though.)

Dress + hat are adorable!

cara said...

How very English! I love your hat.