Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Summer weekend in Shropshire



One day, I might actually have enough time to write a proper post. We got back from Shropshire at 12.30am on Monday morning and I am still playing catch up at work from our holiday. We spent the weekend at M's parents' golf course helping out with M's father's captains weekend. There was a black tie dinner dance on the Saturday evening and then on Sunday M's parents were hosting a marquee on the 11th green, serving refreshments including a barbeque to all the players as they came round. All 200 of them. Here I am helping out.

I also wanted to share this little insight on twitter. I am not sure about it being grand enough to be Jane Austen but it certainly felt a little like Miss Joan Hunter Dunn. But I love how English the weekend must have sounded. And it was. Tea, sandwiches, burgers in rolls, sunshine, golf and vintage dresses.

AmidPrivilege RT @peacockfeather: On our way to shropshire for M's dad's captains weekend. Black tie dinner dance tonight. [sounds like jane austen:)]

 {photo by M of me in a 1950s vintage American sundress and panama hat. Despite the occasion being so English I wanted to channel a Madmen-esque look of being decoratively supportive}

6 comments:

Spare Thoughts said...

Oh how decadent. I hope there was plenty of Pimms. You look fabulous in your summer dress and your straw hat.

Peacock Feathers and Diamond Rings said...

There certainly was plenty of Pimms.

CameronPoe2409 said...

You definitely enjoyed a typically English summer weekend! I love the vintage dress and trilby hat combo.

http://ihavetoomanyshoes.blogspot.com/

Marie said...

Sounds just lovely. I adore proper English summer weekends, they're glorious. Hope all's well and you catch up with work soon.

Kristy said...

That really does sound very English. And like it was a fun time. (Sorry about the match, though.)

Dress + hat are adorable!

Peonies and Polaroids said...

How very English! I love your hat.