COWSHED

Tuesday 14 July 2009

Tagged

I have been tagged by the lovely Wife In the City to answer a few questions... I'm sure it's nothing that you haven't heard before, but just in case, I thought I'd answer some of them.

What is your current obsession?

{aside from finding work} I seem to be obsessed with our house: decluttering, tidying and trying to make it look as beautiful as a rented house ever can. Thankfully the basics are in place: high ceilings, wooden floors, white walls, fireplaces but the main problem is the lack of storage.

Other obsessions include my husband and vintage clothing.

Coffee or tea?

Tea if I am at home. Tea in a cafe never tastes as good so I usually opt for coffee {latte often}

What was the last and most exciting thing you bought?

I bought a vintage mens watch yesterday as I decided that I'd better start wearing a watch now I am experimenting with being on time for things. And before that a 1930s silk chiffon evening dress for the ball/dinner at the German wedding we attended at the weekend.

What's the best gift you have ever been given?

If gift is defined as present then the best one must be the aquamarine ring which M gave me last June.

What is your favourite ice cream flavour?

I never was much of an ice cream fan until a trip to Milan last year when I discovered that pistachio was exactly the right combination of sweet and savoury.

What do you think of the person who tagged you?

Marie is the first person to have truly translated from a blogging friend to a real friend.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?

Cliched as it sounds, anywhere, as long as my husband was there too.

Which language do you want to learn?

Having just returned from Germany, and rather liked the place, I think learning some more of the language would be useful.

What is your favourite colour?

Blue. In every tone from the palest blue green through to the stormiest inky navy.

What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?

Too many to name. Almost everything I own is a favourite in one way or another.

What is your dream job?

Some days I think continuing in my current profession would be a dream. Other days I wish I could make my obsession for weddings and fashion translate to proper work.

If you had £100 now, what would you spend it on?

Hmm. If I'd had 15 euros the other day I would have bought some beautiful blue knitted sock/slippers. Not sure what I would choose if I actually had some money.

Do you admire any one’s style?

I admire people who dress effortlessly stylishly. More often that not they are European, who seem to be able dress better than British people. At the German wedding, the Bride's Granny was beautifully dressed and the most glamorous Granny I have ever seen: at 3am on Sunday morning she was dancing to techno with her Granddaughter in a ball gown and jewelley; at 12pm she was sitting on the beach in a white linen trouser suit and wide brimmed straw hat.

Other than that, I admire people who can dress to suit their shape and who are confident enough to create their own style.

Describe your personal style?

A mix of vintage with more modern pieces. Often black, grey, blue and white with occasional more colourful pieces. At the moment I am a lot in love with stripes.

What are your favourite movies?

I am a teen film fanatic {I even studied a module at university called Hollywood and Youth Culture} and my all time favourites include The Virgin Suicides, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Breakfast Club and Clueless. I also love The English Patient.

What is your favourite fruit?

Freshly picked blackberries made into pie with home grown apples. I also like nectarines, blueberries, gooseberries and raspberries.

What inspires you?

Beauty.

Your favourite book?

Pigeon Post by Arthur Ransome. My current favourite is Hotel Du Lac by Anita Brookner.

Do you collect something?

I loved Marie's answer to this: "No. I hoard everything." Which I think rather applies to me as well. I do collect postcards and matchboxes and often make scrapbooks from holidays and trips.

What is your favourite smell?

Lavender. The sea.

How many times do you press the snooze button before you get up?

As many as I can get away with. I love to snuggle in bed.

Cats or dogs?

I have never had the fortune to live with either but I look forward to both eventually.

What do you look forward to coming home to after you've been away?


My husband. Tea. My bed.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Thanks for sharing. I love your answers! Much fun! M x x