COWSHED

Tuesday 13 April 2010

Melancholy

PMT makes me feel like I want to stab someone. Not that I ever would, of course, but it makes me angry. {what a good job Husband is away}. Beyond grumpy. And melancholy. Which, by some coincidence, was the subject of The Delicious Miss Dahl this evening. Whilst Sophie made a variety of soups and chocolate dishes I grumped my way through a bowl of potato and leek soup and another one of salad. Our computer must have PMT too as it kept stopping and thinking and it took every ounce of self restraint not to thump it hard and throw it out of the window. And then, yet again, Sophie quoted from another of my favourite poems. Either I am extremely predicatable in my tastes or Sophie is...

Razors pain you
Rivers are damp
Acids stain you
And drugs cause cramp
Guns aren't lawful
Nooses give
Gas smells awful
You might as well live.

-Dorothy Parker

---
photo of Sophie Dahl via the BBC website

3 comments:

Marie said...

I've been getting real rage PMT recently. So much so I just snap and flounce and growl and it's terrible. At least if you can recognise it it's sometimes a little easier to deal with, or hide under the duvet with...

Anonymous said...

I know I'm late commenting on this post, but I am currently eating a bowl of potato and leek soup - how strange is that? :-)

then15teaparty said...

Finally, someone who enjoyed this show! I think alot of people are being kind of mean to Miss Dahl... I made her stuffed trout recipe the other night and it was lovely :)