COWSHED

Tuesday 28 June 2011

3 years ago


3 years ago, we went to Cornwall for a long weekend to mark the end of my last-ever exams, to go surfing and, as it turned out, get engaged. So many of our friends had joked that this would turn out to be the reason for the trip that I really did not think it would happen. I had been wondering if and when we would get engaged for a while (and even had a bet with a friend at a wedding that we would be engaged during the 12 months following that wedding in Feb 2008. She bet yes, I bet no. I still owe her that tenner) and lay on the beach speculating when over the next summer it might happen, if it did. I didn't have long to wait at all. M returned to the beach after dropping his surfboard off with fish, chips, champagne and two glasses. 
And, as it turned out, a ring. 

1 comment:

little luxury list said...

What a lovely unexpected moment and wishing many more good ones to you both!
P s it had been a while and hope that you are doing well.

xoxo,

Chic 'n Cheap Living