COWSHED

Sunday 19 June 2011

Happy Father's Day


This is my Dad. 
When I was tiny and he was 26. 3 years younger than I am now.
He looks so young. But then, so do I.
He'd just finished his PhD. About to start work. 
It's his birthday this week. 
He always got joint father's day and birthday presents. Poor old Dad.
This year is no exception.
He loves sailing (in fact, that's where he is right now. I spoke to him this morning and he and Mum are on the boat somewhere near to La Rochelle) and so I have got him a vintage sailing guide. 
A vintage sailing guide which is as old as he is.
Next time I see him, it will be when the whole family gathers for my sister's wedding. 
Two daughters; married.

---
Photo taken by either Mum or Grandpa. Borrowed from the family album and scanned by my sister for our family photo collage at our wedding. Saved. Treasured.

No comments: