COWSHED

Thursday 11 August 2011

Just a minute... In August {Cornwall Edition}


Reading... The September issue of Vogue.

Watching... Not strictly speaking in Cornwall, but the week before we went, we watched a fascinating programme on the BBC iplayer called The Art of Cornwall. Cornish art is probably among my very favourite art and two artists in particular, Barbara Hepworth and Alfred Wallis, have produced work amongst which I can while away hours. If this is something which people find of interest, I can write more...

Whilst we were there, on the rainy Sunday evening we ate pizza and watched Tamara Drewe. I'm not sure I'd recommend it as such, but it was entertaining enough.

Listening... cliched as it sounds, to the birds, the sea and the rain and wind. It was very peaceful. Oh, and to occasional groups of braying families. It was Rock, after all.

Buying... Not much actually. Two pairs of lovely socks in the sale. Some drinks in the Mariners. Lunch at Rick Stein's Cafe.  And I would have bought a Poppy Treffry boats tea towel but I didn't. Next time I need one though, I know what I'll get...

Loving... the light.

Wanting... to not have to go home.

---

This won't replace the regular Just a minute for August. Just that I love Cornwall so very much. Proper post with photos to follow. This week has just been a little busy. Whilst we were away we had some friends staying at the house (in part so they could have their own holiday, in part because we hoped Delilah might like the company) and then some other friends are arriving tonight. Pole fitness on Tuesday and Pilates yesterday meant this week has zipped past already. Back soon.

---

iphone hipstamatic photo by me, taken nearing low tide from the roof terrace of The Seafood Restaurant, Padstow  looking over the Camel Estuary towards Rock/Daymer Bay. The pale stripe of sand in the sea is the Doom Bar.

---

Just a minute - an occasional series of posts inspired by Talking to Unicorns (who was inspired by Daydream Lily). Just a Minute was started by August Street back in 2007.

No comments: