COWSHED

Wednesday 23 July 2008

The Most Beautiful Confetti

...
On Monday M and I dropped in to see my parents on our way home from a festival and over supper started to discuss the aspects of the wedding that were important to us. I had already decided that my shoes were more important to me than my dress, which is why I chose to buy my shoes first and then find a dress which goes with them. Which is working so well at the moment since I cannot work out where to start looking for a dress, any dress. Except vintage shops of course, but I have not found anything perfect there yet. Anyway, my mother seemed to think that confetti was not an important aspect of the wedding, or at least not worth including in the budget. I disagree. When M and I step out of the chapel as a married couple, I would like to be showered with the most beautiful scented rose petals, even if I have to provide them myself. Wasteful? Perhaps, but they are natural, and for once in my life it would be nice to be just a little bit decadent. And then I saw these petals and the hat boxes that they come packaged in and I fell in love: petals for the day, the most gorgeous green box to keep. Did I mention that I have more than a bit of a thing for beautiful boxes and packaging?

...


Images from www.realflowers.co.uk


...

3 comments:

cara said...

Aren't they heavenly? I've just bought ridiculously expensive roses from The Real Flower Company. everyone thinks I'm mad but I love them. I would love the rose petal confetti but I just can't afford it.

We've been gathering fallen petals from a public rose garden for our confetti and it smells utterly gorgeous. They're not as soft of colourful as fresh petals, but if anything they smell even stronger. And they were free!

Rachel said...

that's a great idea - perhaps I should try and do that next summer.

those bouquets are gorgeous - I've no idea whether they are 'too' expensive or not as they are the first real florists I have looked at! I suspect that they are on the pricey side though as the packaging is so fab...

cara said...

Collecting rose petals is really fun. Although the local rose garden is next to a bowling green and we got some rather disapproving looks from the bowlers!

All of the quotes from florists have seemed really expensive to me, but we're doing the flowers ourselves as florists were way out of our budget.

We bought 50 roses for £95 from the Real Flower Company and they're bridal bouquets were from £75! The roses were about twice the price of 'normal' roses wholesale so they're expensive compared to them but compared to the bouquets they seem like a bargain! So I try to forget those normal roses and just think about all the money we're saving by not buying them as a a bouquet!