At what point do you suppose you don't use a potential vendor? One vendor is causing me some anxiety and we haven't even handed over any money. They didn't respond to my initial e-mail so three days later I called. Appropriate excuses were proffered and accepted and it was indicated that a quote would be e-mailed and that a meeting would be set up for us to visit. No quote arrived so I e-mailed to jog the memory and one did arrive later that day, only 10 days after the initial e-mail. So far, not too worried.
I then e-mailed about 10 days later to say that we were still considering the quote but would like to arrange the meeting to see - the whatever they offer* - in person and so we could discuss our needs more thoroughly and suggested some dates. So far, I have heard nothing, not even a 'sorry, we're working through our e-mails' e-mail or out of office response. Nothing, nada, zip.
See, the thing is, I really like the 'whatever they offer' that they do offer but I am worried that if this is their attitude to potential clients that they will be worse post deposit. So do I e-mail again and threaten/suggest that if they do not respond more quickly I will take my business elsewhere (and suffer the consequences if they make me follow that through) or do I wait, or what. Organising is stressful enough without having to hand-hold vendors. I thought they were supposed to make my life easier?
Answers on a postcard please...
*i.e. I know what they offer I just want to be anonymous about them at present.