COWSHED

Saturday 12 September 2009

My secret to a happy marriage*

*Title shamelessly stolen from A Cup of Jo's Series, my favourite of which being Cara's.

We've only been married for three months but I can say that, so far, my secret to a happy marriage is threefold:

1. Work as a team. Remembering that I am not just an individual but one half of a team has been hard work, especially in relation to jobs and no money. Thankfully Husband has the patience of a saint and is able to remind me of this. In return I have been trying to do more than my share of the housework as he is doing more than his share of the earning.

2. Go to lots of gigs. Spend time together. Laugh lots. We snuck back to London early (planned) from our honeymoon to go and see Neil Young:

neil young 1

neil young 2

3. Have amazing friends who will laugh with you through the good times and lift you through the bad times. In fact, who will do both for you when you least expect it:

Girlies

Lift Me Up

{Top two images by me; bottom two by KT Thompson}

1 comment:

Marie-Ève said...

That last pic is incredible!