COWSHED

Friday 17 April 2009

Fit for a bouquet...


{blossom 1, originally uploaded by rachel-catherine}

M came home last night with this beautiful branch of blossom which he had 'found' on our road. It smells divine and looks gorgeous in a glass on my bedside table.

As I snapped a couple of photographs with my BlackBerry, I realised it reminded me a little of peony. And then I wondered, for a spring wedding, would it be possible to carry a branch of blossom instead of a bouquet?


{blossom 2, originally uploaded by rachel-catherine}

8 comments:

Marie said...

Oh that is just beautiful! And definitely possible to carry blossum, that would be fairytale like I imagine...

Jenifer said...

sooo pretty!

cara said...

They're gorgeous. Blossom never lasts when I cut it so I always assumed it wouldn't work in a bouquet, but having seen some I think it might.

Marie-Ève said...

I've never seen those but they look gorgeous! Our climate is probably too cold...

Kristy said...

If it looks anything like that one, I'd say definitely. That is beautiful.

Rachel said...

If we were having an April wedding and pink was our colour, I would certainly consider branches of blossom.

I wonder what kind it is. Not so hot on my trees {nor on flowers really, except the obvious ones}.

No idea how it would last out of water though.

Still, it is beautiful.

Bella said...

I think (although I am no authority!) that they are Almond blossom. They are all in bloom along my street too and when the wind blows it's like confetti!

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.