COWSHED

Monday 11 May 2009

M's suit

In getting married I have learnt a new skill: clothes alteration. Dresses and suits a speciality.

I was shown how to take apart the seams in M's suit trousers and then how to let out various parts (turns out M may have similar taste to his uncle but not waist size). I have then been reshaping the jacket arms to make them more slim line and to help the suit fit M's image of how he should look in a month's time.

I sat there, sewing machine illuminated in a pool of sunshine, the muted chatter of my two sisters and my almost sister-in-law floating down the hallway as they discussed my hen party, and realised how much I have enjoyed planning this wedding. Our wedding.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

That last paragraph made me smile. I hope I get to that point (and sooner rather than later), because I'm about ready to pull my hair out and throw my shoes at people...

Marie-Ève said...

Great, impressive skill. And hurray!

Cate Subrosa said...

I'm so glad you've enjoyed it. And what a great skill to pick up along the way!