COWSHED

Tuesday 24 March 2009

One picture, one poem, one song...

One picture, one poem, one song, one quote, one item of clothing, one place and one disney princess... Yes, another meme for which I wasn't tagged. But we were invited to play along too, if we fancied, so I did. Am. Whatever.

Here are my choices:

One Picture...

{Image by Richard Avedon}

One Poem...

I must down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by,
And the wheel's kick and the wind's song and the white sail's shaking,
And a grey mist on the sea's face, and a grey dawn breaking.

I must down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.

I must down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull's way and the whale's way where the wind's like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover
And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over
{John Masefield (1878-1967)}

One Song...




{Supposed to be Shine on you Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd - but I cannot get Youtube to embed, or whatever it is called}

One Quote...

"Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for a might-have-been"

{Arthur Ransome (We Didn't Mean To Go To Sea)}


One Piece of Clothing...

{Vintage Dress from Nikita Jade - sadly sold out before I got my new job}

One Place...

Polzeath, Cornwall. The deck of the Blue Tomato Cafe and a glass of wine.
{Image from Author's Personal Collection}

One Disney Princess...

Shh, can you keep a secret? I have only ever seen Fantasia and The Lion King. Pocahontas too I believe, maybe. I don't really recall any princesses. I am not really one for Disney, or princesses. So no choice here...

2 comments:

Ally said...

Oh my gosh! That dress is fabulous!! love your answers! :o)

Suzie said...

Good choice of song!