Managed to get in a bit earlier with completion of my food challenge this month. The task? To make a salad which was green.
So, here is Rachel & M's Green Bean and Tomato salad:
1. Select green beans and tomatoes. Wash.
2. Cut up tomatoes (in half and then each half into three). Top and tail beans.
3. In a frying pan melt a small amount of butter. Add beans. Add seasoning (I used freshly ground black pepper and Sel de Guerande which I brought back from my last sailing trip). Occasionally stir.
4. After a few minutes try a bean. If it is tasty but still crunchy, add the tomatoes to the pan. Cook for a few minutes to soften them and give them a little colour.
5. Remove beans and tomatoes from pan using a spoon of some sort with holes in, so the melted butter does not sit in a puddle on the plate. (We used the melted butter mixture to cook some other vegetables as soon as we lifted these out of the pan).
6. Place on a plate. Drizzle natural Greek yogurt over the top. Add more freshly ground pepper.
We served this salad with chicken pan fried with chili and hot pepper, grilled peppers and mushrooms (kebab style) and pickled red cabbage in hot pitta breads. It was delicious.