COWSHED

Wednesday 11 March 2009

What to wear: Accessories I

{Image by Clare of The Brit Boutique}



{Image by Clare of The Brit Boutique}



I love that I can see her eye and her camera reflected in this photo...


Every girl dreams about bags. And shoes. Or is it just me? When I started to think about accessories for the wedding I knew that my shoes and my bag would not be the traditional white (I wanted to be able to use them again) and I wanted them to be special, for using them to make me feel fabulous and unable to stop smiling when I thought about them.


[I think I shall be smiling a lot on our wedding day, for the thought of pretty bags and shoes pales into insignificance against the thought of finally marrying my boy.]


I knew that I wanted a clutch bag and that I wanted it to be blue. I also knew that I didn't want to buy one from a shop, I wanted it to be more special than that. So I started searching on Etsy for peacock feathered clutch bags.


{Photo credits: Top Row Retrospettive;Red Ruby Rose
Bottom Row Anika ; Atelier of Mine }*


But nothing seemed right. It seemed a little overkill and I wasn't sure if I would actually use it again. And then I found the bag in the top photo. She is made from a recycled leather coat and a vintage skirt lining which I think looks a little like peacock feathers. I cannot wait for her to arrive, but she will be a little while longer as Clare is also making me part of the presents for the bridesmaids. I won't reveal what until after the bridesmaid's have received them...

*Apologies for the odd lining of the photographs. The only suitable collage template I had used an off centre middle row and those bags were against a white background. I am a cheap-skate, but I refuse to pay for software to make collages. If any one has any better suggestions, free to download, I would be most grateful.

4 comments:

Ellen Mint said...

Very cool. It's amazing what you can find on etsy.

Kristy said...

I did not even notice that the lining wasn't peacock feathers until you mentioned that and I looked again. I love fun linings (including but not limited to purses, wallets, jackets, and envelopes). And I love that she used all recycled materials. That fits in perfectly with your theme, and, to be perfectly honest, I think you'd use it more often than one covered in peacock feathers.

Kristy said...

A friend just sent me this link:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=22196360

It's a bit pricey (in US$, anyway), but I thought it was pretty. And this one (out of Derbyshire) - I'm kind of in love with it:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=22196897

Cowesett Construction Company said...

I cant wait to see what you have for bridesmaid gifts!! Love the bag!